To: NEASO Members
From: NEASO Elections Committee
Date: April 8, 2019
NOMINATION and ELECTION NOTICE:
2019 NSO Representative Assembly Delegates
NEASO is calling for nominations for delegates to the 2019 National Staff Organization (NSO) Representative Assembly (RA). The NSO RA will meet on June 7 and 8, 2019 in Austin, TX.
The NSO RA is an annual gathering of voting representatives from NSO’s state affiliates to elect officers, share information and set priorities for the coming year. As a delegate, you will have the opportunity to meet other NSO members from across the country, weigh in on pressing union issues, and learn more about the NSO.
All NEASO members in good standing are eligible to be nominated for and elected to the RA delegation.
The RA delegation will also include NEASO President Robin L Jones, HQ-Vice President Jay Hunter, MB-Vice President Zachary Reid, Secretary Lauren Mayeaux, and Treasurer Timothy Reed, each of whom was elected to serve as both NEASO Officer and NSO delegate. NEASO members will elect the remainder of the delegates by a secret ballot election on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
To nominate a NEASO member for the NSO RA delegate election, complete and return the enclosed/attached nomination form by midnight on Monday, April 15, 2019. Forms may be returned by U.S. Mail to NEASO, PO Box 66806, Washington DC 20036; by Fax to (202) 822-7802; by hand to Jean Mondejar in the NEASO Office. Both nominator and nominee must be members in good standing of NEASO. Signatures of both the nominator and nominee are required for the nomination to be considered valid.
You may also nominate a NEASO member for the NSO RA by electronic mail. The following rules apply to electronic mail nominations:
1) The nomination must be sent from the nominator’s work e-mail address (i.e. from the nominator’s NEA and NEA Member Benefits Corporation work e-mail) and state the name of the nominee and the position he or she is being nominated for or include the completed official nomination form as an attachment;
2) The nominee must accept the nomination from his/her work e-mail address;
3) The nominator and nominee must e-mail Jean Mondejar, NEASO Office Manager, at email@example.com with the nomination/acceptance of the nomination; and,
4) Nominations, as well as the acceptance thereof, are due by midnight on Monday, April 15, 2019.All nominations are due by midnight on Monday, April 15, 2019. Nominees have until Monday, April 22 to withdraw from the ballot once nominated.
Download: Nomination Form.pdf
Here Ye, Here Ye, we now have a signed MOU of the former ASTO!
This Assignment-Based Approved Time (ABAT) MOU memorializes and standardizes the process for utilizing hours during a Temporary Alternative Work Schedule (TAWS). You can go to NEASO.org to review the documents. For a quick synopsis:
If you have been denied the former ASTO, now ABAT, a form has been created to allow you to recapture your lost hours. These hours will be placed in your comp time balance, which means the hours will be available for a year after you earn them instead of the normal two pay periods.
If your manager is unaware of the new ABAT MOU, let us know, so that we can advocate.
There will be an UltiPro joint training in the coming weeks. Be on the lookout for the date and time.
Before I close this message, NEASO, please take a moment to thank our team for getting this victory for us:
Andy Jewell, "The Lead Negotiator"
Joel Solomon, "Mr. Dependable"
Jay Hunter, "Mr. Don't Try It"
Striving for One Voice, One Sound...
Attached is the powerpoint presentation given at our last general membership meeting by Kelley Clouser, our National Staff Organization (NSO) Regional Director.
Please take a moment to review for a greater understanding of the benefits of NSO for NEASO.
Download: Understanding your nso.pdf , Understanding your nso.pptx
Happy New Year NEASO!
It gives me great pleasure to greet you as your new President! I am excited and ready to embark on this new journey with you. I hope that each of you had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends, taking the opportunity to rest, reflect and recharge as we move forward in 2019.
There are few things that I would like to bring to your attention:
1. NEASO.org – Register today! Here you will find all NEASO documents including the 2018 minutes. Please note: until we move to a new membership platform, all NEASO notices and updates will be available here. We will be limiting the amount of NEASO business on the NEA email system. It is important that NEASO has your personal email address.
2. NEASO Constitution and Bylaws (C&BL) – please read and familiarize yourself with this document. It is located here on NEASO.org.
3. NEASO & NEA (HQ) 2018-2021 Contract - has been distributed to all Centers/Departments. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the negotiated agreement. If you have not received your copy, please let your Shop Steward or NEASO Officers know ASAP.
4. Center/Department (HQ) and MB Brown Bags – beginning in January let’s get to know one another and have an initial dialogue regarding unit working conditions. The schedules will be sent in the coming days. If there are any concerns prior to your scheduled meeting, do not hesitate to reach out to me.
5. NEASO Committees - there are five standing Committees (see Article XIV. Committees in C&BL) and other ad-hoc/joint committees that NEASO members can be actively involved. Please review and let us know of your interest.
6. List of 2019 Shop Stewards - attached is the latest list of approved Shop Stewards. Take the time to get to know your Stewards, not only in your immediate areas, but all others, as they are NEASO representatives. Be on alert for a future Shop Stewards/Membership meet and greet.
It is imperative we move toward building a stronger and vibrant union! We will work together with:
The NEASO Executive Officers, NEASO Board of Directors, and NEASO Shop Stewards are here to serve you and respond to your needs.
Let’s do this! Here’s to January…
Robin L. Jones
Cell: (202) 510-1098
Download: Stewards List As of 01-07-19.xls