Important Message from NEASO President Robin L. Jones
Updated On: Jan 31, 2019
Happy New Year NEASO!
It gives me great pleasure to greet you as your new President! I am excited and ready to embark on this new journey with you. I hope that each of you had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends, taking the opportunity to rest, reflect and recharge as we move forward in 2019.
There are few things that I would like to bring to your attention:
1. NEASO.org– Register today!Here you will find all NEASO documents including the 2018 minutes. Please note: until we move to a new membership platform, all NEASO notices and updates will be available here. We will be limiting the amount of NEASO business on the NEA email system. It is important that NEASO has your personal email address.
2. NEASO Constitution and Bylaws (C&BL) – please read and familiarize yourself with this document. It is located here on NEASO.org.
3. NEASO & NEA (HQ) 2018-2021 Contract - has been distributed to all Centers/Departments. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the negotiated agreement. If you have not received your copy, please let your Shop Steward or NEASO Officers know ASAP.
4. Center/Department (HQ) and MB Brown Bags– beginning in January let’s get to know one another and have an initial dialogue regarding unit working conditions. The schedules will be sent in the coming days. If there are any concerns prior to your scheduled meeting, do not hesitate to reach out to me.
5. NEASO Committees - there are five standing Committees (see Article XIV. Committees in C&BL) and other ad-hoc/joint committees that NEASO members can be actively involved. Please review and let us know of your interest.
6. List of 2019 Shop Stewards - attached is the latest list of approved Shop Stewards. Take the time to get to know your Stewards, not only in your immediate areas, but all others, as they are NEASO representatives. Be on alert for a future Shop Stewards/Membership meet and greet.
It is imperative we move toward building a stronger and vibrant union! We will work together with:
The NEASO Executive Officers, NEASO Board of Directors, and NEASO Shop Stewards are here to serve you and respond to your needs.